About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Saturday 15 August 2015

Clare DT - Skull background and Brushos

Good morning bloggers, I'm here with my Bee Crafty hat on today and sharing a make that is a little out of my comfort zone. Male cards! It always scares me a little when trying to create something for a male. This card was for my son who was 16 yesterday.

I decided to turn to my Bee Crafty stamps and stencils. Alot of you already know that I love using bright vibrant colours and due to the fact I am making a card for a teenager, I decided that this card was going to be quite grungy!

 

For this card I used:

All hallows - skeleton background

Inkables template - metalwork alpha

Brushos - Turquoise/Brown/yellow

Backdrop - Bubble wrap negative

Backdrop - Crackle paint

Da Vinci script

Texture spray from my stash

Bleach

I began my card by staming the skull onto the card and heat embossing with clear embossing powder. Using the metalwork alpha stencil I sprayed some texture spray through the sencil and set aside for it to dry.

 

Once the spray had dried I sprinkled my card with brushos, spritzed with water and moved the inky puddles around the card. Using the bleach and an old paint brush I gently painted the skeleton to lift off some of the colour so that the skeleton would appear more highlighted in it's dark surroundings.

More drying time and then I inked on my tags through a mask and stamped the bubblewrap/script/crackled paint through as well.

I know this is not quite my usual thing and sharing something out of your comfort zone is quite a scary thing to do. So if you have popped over to visit me today thank you for taking the time. I love to hear your thoughts and comments, you can do this below or if you would like to follow my blog you can do so by clicking on one of the above links.

 

Happy Crafting,

Clare x x x

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Great grunge look bet he love it
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the sort of thing I go for but saying that you have done a great job and the colours are great. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect you have created. It would be outside my comfort zone as well but I might give this a try, crafty hugs CathyH xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.