About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Friday 27 November 2015

Just hanging!

Good morning, It's Clare here today and I would like to show you a mixed media door hanger I made for today's post. It was one of those projects where you have an idea in your head and then ended up going off on a completely different tangent!

 

For this project I used:

Dina Wakely black gesso

Claudine Hellmuth matte multi medium

Finnabair modeling paste

Dylusions paints squeezed orange/white

Tim holtz layering stencil Gothic

Tim Holtz stuff to sat stamp set

Prima wood icons in a box

Liquid pearls

Finnabair art ingredients mica powders

 

I started of by adding some texture through a stencil with the modeling paste. Once dried I assembled the Prima wood icons in a box along with some die cuts and other bits and bobs from my treasure box with the matte medium.

As soon as my arrangement was dry I covered with black gesso. After, I started to add in some colour with the Dylusion paints highlighting the bottom corner so that I could stamp on my sentiment.

To finish off I added some liquid pearls, gems and Finnabair mica powders.

Even though it didnt turn out as planned, as always I enjoyed the crafty journey that got me to my finished project.

That's it from me today. Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.

Crafty hugs,

Clare x x x

5 comments:

  1. Stunning, Clare......absolutely fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulou tag I love the design and the sentiment is great. Just love the colours. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Clare,Wow this is just stunning, love the sentiment and those lush colours.

    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.