About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Monday 28 March 2016

A blooming busy day!

Ok so I've got the blogging bug this week!  I've got two weeks off and I have full intentions of making the most of it.  

I've had a busy old day today all the usual chores,  out for a power walk with my daughter and a family gathering.  I even managed to squeeze in a bit of time in the craft room.  I took some inspiration from Donna Downey, her flower paintings really are amazing and I am often in awe of her work.


I had a canvas board which I had prepared with some texture paste and never got any further so decided to have a little play.  For my background I used Dylusion paints and inks.  I painted my flower with liquitex magenta quinacridone and Dylusion White linen.  The leaves were painted with cut grass layered with some other liquitex greens over the top.


That's it from me for today.  I hope to be back some time soon.  I love to hear your thoughts and comments.

Crafty hugs,
Clare X X X 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas Claire, love the flower. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous....I haven't heard of some of those products ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just come across your blog, how fantastic, you are creating some beautiful art! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comments X X X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.