About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Sunday 19 February 2017

Infusions experiments and Unexpected backgrounds!

Good evening folks!  A little impromptu blog from me this evening.  I've recently acquired a set of  Paperartsy Infusions and boy oh boy what fun they are.  Now I have used similar products to this previously, but I have to say these little bottles of powdered colour are A-Mazing!



I'm really wishing that I'd documented how I made this one but I truly believe 

that luck came into it, however I hardly ever disregard anything inked or painted only because I can usually find a use for it in other projects.







My first card shown was born from this background!  I'd used a stencil and sprinkled my favourite colour Infusions, A Bit Jaded, over the stencil, spritzed with water and removed the stencil from my raindrop background.  Now looking at the stencil, it still had a lot of beautiful Jade inkyness all over it, so waste not!  I took a clean piece of card and rescued the remaining colour by pressing onto the 
stencil.  Hey presto, a background that I really wasn't expecting, bonus!


The colours are truly vibrant, here are a batch waiting to be turned into cards. 





For those of you like me who really struggle with white space these colourful powdered crystals come into their own there are so many possibilities! 





A recent journal page using Infusions along with Paperartsy fresco paints, grunge paste and Electica Tracy Scott stamps and stencils.




Here is a mixed media canvas, I used the Infusions in the background before gelli printing over the top with Fresco paints.


The only trouble is there are now 12 more colours available, I think I NEED them all! 

It's always lovely to here your comments,  thank you for stopping by.

Crafty hugs,
Clare x x x 

   


9 comments:

  1. Fantastic results, beautiful CAS cards and a great post. Thanks Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work!!! I love all the results. They turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare all your projects are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful great colour choices ;O) cant wait to get infusion to ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely work with the Infusions. I especially like the top card and your journal pages. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work, love the jade colour and the silhouette looks amazing on your first card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.