About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Friday 1 December 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #43 Believe


A new month, a new challenge...Christmas challenge, 'Believe'.  It's our Christmas challenge at Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and time to get your mixed media all Christmassy!


Our sponsor this month is the lovely Glenda from Boozy Bear.  She makes a wonderful selection of chipboard shapes and textures.



I didn't use all of what Glenda sent to me but I had a good go!  


I started off by painting and brayering onto an MDF panel using a selection of Paperartsy fresco chalk paints.  With a stencil and a snowflake stamp I gradually built up my layers until I was happy.


With corresponding colours I painted the snowflakes and the chipboard punched circles.  I found the MDF heart my stash of bits and bobs, layered it up with paint using stencils and then gave it a fine coat of the chalk paint, just enough so the stencilling could show through.  I stamped on the sentiment and heat embossed with EP.


I attached all the separate painted elements using Finnabair 3D Matte Gel (Translucent).  What will you make for this months challenge?  Head over to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge, check out the rules and submit your entries.

Happy Christmas crafting!

Hugs,
Clare.








12 comments:

  1. Love this Clare,and the sentiment is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you incorporated the sequin waste into your project and your color palette. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Stunning and love the color platelet... love it .
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Clare. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb project - love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colorful, and unexpected Christmas card colors. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning christmas creation, love it
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the creativity and the soft colours together. I would love to receive such a beautiful card!! Awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece with a sweet sentiment! Really love the color scheme...and of course those snowflakes!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.